Pakistan's commitment towards global peace remains unflinching: Army Chief
RAWALPINDI - The International Day of United Nations (UN) Peacekeepers is being observed today (Friday) to pay tribute to the uniformed and civilian personnel's invaluable contribution in maintaining the peace across the world.
In his message in connection with the International Day of UN Peacekeepers, Chief of Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa said sense of purpose and commitment of Pakistan towards global peace under UN charter remains unflinching.
Army Chief said that Pakistan commemorates 'Spirit of Sacrifice' of our valiant peacekeepers, who continue to serve humanity in challenging and restive regions of the world.
The United Nations Secretary General António Guterres, in his message, said as we commemorate the 20th anniversary of Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security, we must do more to achieve women's equal representation in all areas of peace and security.
He said together, let us continue to wage peace, defeat the pandemic and build a better future.
The theme for this year's Day is "Women in Peacekeeping: A Key to Peace".
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020