Lahore Gymkhana Club members donate Rs7m to dams’ fund
The Members on Saturday called on the Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar at Lahore Branch Registry and presented a cheque as a donation.
The dam fund was initiated by the Supreme Court (SC) to construct Diamer-Bhasha and Mohmand dams to fight water scarcity in the country.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar had said that construction of new dams is critical for its survival, promising that he would continue his efforts for the purpose even after his retirement.
The top judge has himself donated Rs1.1 million for the two dams; the CJP had also urged all institutions and individuals to play their due role for the construction of the dams in the country.
Pak Army donates over Rs1b to Diamer Basha and ... 05:52 PM | 10 Sep, 2018
RAWALPINDI - Pakistan Army has donated a staggering Rs 1 billion to the fund opened for the construction of Diamer ...
Many prominent institutions and personalities including Pakistan Army, NESPAK, Malik Riaz, General (r) Pervez Musharraf, Shahid Afridi, Atif Aslam, Mawra Hocane and others donated for the national cause.
So far, the Dams Fund has received just over four billion rupees.
- PM Imran urges world to ensure peace in Afghanistan02:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PAKvsNZ: Shaheen dons Shahid Afridi’s jersey No 1012:00 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran stresses expansion of bilateral trade between Pakistan, ...11:26 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:45 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Veteran actor Talat Iqbal hospitalised in US06:07 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021