Trump disappointed over no breakthrough with Pakistan on Taliban: Alice Wells
In an interview to a private channel, the US official said President Trump had directed that Islamabad and Washington should work together to bring Taliban to the negotiating table, however, he was left disappointed after no headway was made.
'We have still not found a way to work more closely with Pakistan to ensure the Taliban come to the negotiation table,' she opined and added that these set of issues will continue to be important.
Regarding the cementing of ties between the two states, the US diplomat said, I can assure you through my own efforts that we are always looking for opportunities to strengthen our relationships.
FM Shah Mehmood urges US not to lose 'old friends' 09:37 AM | 29 Sep, 2018
NEW YORK - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Friday said that Pakistan was trying to reconnect with the United ...
On a query regarding Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi and US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo's scheduled meeting in Washington, Wells said that the dignitaries will discuss important points regarding the strong partnership.
'The most important issue between the two countries is how to work on bilateral relations,' she affirmed.
The official, who has been touring Pakistan sporadically for opening new windows of opportunity, continued that there were investment opportunities in energy and other sectors in Pakistan and US was looking forward to strengthening its trading ties.
'Pakistan is an important country in the region with an important part to play,' she added.
To a query about the expectations from Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led government in Pakistan, the US diplomat said, we have the same expectations from Pakistan that we have from other countries in South Asia.
Alice Wells' comments came weeks after US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo visited Islamabad and called on Prime Minister Imran Khan and Chief of the Army Staff, general Qamar Javed Bajwa.
Both the sides stressed resetting the ties to forge better relationships in the future. Meanwhile, the US has also suspended the provision of Coalition Support Fund (CSF) to Pakistan - an amount Islamabad had already spent in the Global War on Terror (GWOT).
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran summons National Security Committee meeting amid protests07:17 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021