One transgender killed, two critically injured in Karak firing incident
PESHAWAR – Unidentified armed men killed at least one transgender person and wounded two others in Jatta Ismail Khel late Tuesday night.
According to initial details, the transgender persons were on their way back to Peshawar after performing in a musical evening in Jatta Ismail Khel, Karak district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP), when unknown gunmen opened fire on their vehicle.
Sources said the victim belonged to Mansehra district while the two injured hail from Peshawar and Swabi. The deceased has been identified as Jahangir, while the injured have been identified as Mushtaq and Arshad.
Special courts to be formed for protection of ... 12:30 PM | 18 Jun, 2018
LAHORE - Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar on Monday hinted at establishing special courts in order to ensure ...
After frequent reports of attacks assaults and harassment of transgender persons surfaced across the city, Peshawar Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Qazi Jamil had formed a four-member high-level committee to submit a comprehensive report on the incidents of violence against the transgender community.
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019