One transgender killed, two critically injured in Karak firing incident
PESHAWAR – Unidentified armed men killed at least one transgender person and wounded two others in Jatta Ismail Khel late Tuesday night.
According to initial details, the transgender persons were on their way back to Peshawar after performing in a musical evening in Jatta Ismail Khel, Karak district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP), when unknown gunmen opened fire on their vehicle.
Sources said the victim belonged to Mansehra district while the two injured hail from Peshawar and Swabi. The deceased has been identified as Jahangir, while the injured have been identified as Mushtaq and Arshad.
After frequent reports of attacks assaults and harassment of transgender persons surfaced across the city, Peshawar Capital City Police Officer (CCPO) Qazi Jamil had formed a four-member high-level committee to submit a comprehensive report on the incidents of violence against the transgender community.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020