LHC orders to auction property of Nawaz Sharif’s cousin
ISLAMABAD – The Lahore High Court (LHC) has ordered to auction the property of a cousin of former premier Nawaz Sharif.
During the hearing on a petition filed by Bank of Punjab on Tuesday, the court ordered to auction the land of Hussain Waqas Sugar Mills.
The court ordered to auction the office of Hussain Waqas Sugar Mills on August 31 for being a bank defaulter.
Earlier, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had decided to freeze the assets of the Sharif family.
NAB had decided to freeze assets worth Rs225,635,000 of Shahbaz Sharif’s wife Nusrat Shahbaz while she owns several luxury cars, jewellery, prize bonds and shares in many companies.
Hamza Shahbaz’s assets worth Rs411,100,000 will be seized. Of 199 bank transactions, 126 were made in the name of Suleman Shahbaz.
The anti-corruption watchdog has also found money laundering evidence against Shahbaz Sharif’s family.
The PML-N president also owns agricultural land in Chiniot while his wife Nusrat Shahbaz also owns several properties.
Shehbaz Sharif’s family have many bank accounts. Shahbaz Sharif has also gifted several houses to Nusrat Shehbaz.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019