LHC orders to auction property of Nawaz Sharif’s cousin
ISLAMABAD – The Lahore High Court (LHC) has ordered to auction the property of a cousin of former premier Nawaz Sharif.
During the hearing on a petition filed by Bank of Punjab on Tuesday, the court ordered to auction the land of Hussain Waqas Sugar Mills.
The court ordered to auction the office of Hussain Waqas Sugar Mills on August 31 for being a bank defaulter.
Earlier, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had decided to freeze the assets of the Sharif family.
NAB had decided to freeze assets worth Rs225,635,000 of Shahbaz Sharif’s wife Nusrat Shahbaz while she owns several luxury cars, jewellery, prize bonds and shares in many companies.
Hamza Shahbaz’s assets worth Rs411,100,000 will be seized. Of 199 bank transactions, 126 were made in the name of Suleman Shahbaz.
The anti-corruption watchdog has also found money laundering evidence against Shahbaz Sharif’s family.
The PML-N president also owns agricultural land in Chiniot while his wife Nusrat Shahbaz also owns several properties.
Shehbaz Sharif’s family have many bank accounts. Shahbaz Sharif has also gifted several houses to Nusrat Shehbaz.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020