Arrest warrants issued for PML-N MNA Rohail Asghar
Judicial Magistrate Islamabad issued warrants for Sheikh Rohail Asghar and Zulfiqar, co-accused in the case, for failure to appear before the court. Earlier, the court had set the date for today (Monday) to indict the suspects but when the duo failed to show up, the judge issued arrest warrants for them.
In its previous session, the court had accepted Sheikh Rohail Asghar's bail against a surety of Rs. 200,000. Rohail's lawyer requested the court for some time since his client had to withdraw cash from the bank for his bail.
However, Asghar has not deposited his bail in the form of surety bonds yet. After issuing his arrest warrants, the court postponed proceedings for an indefinite period.
Sheikh Rohail Asghar had earlier been accused of murdering a security guard in Islamabad. A case was registered against him by the security guard's widow, who claims that her husband was killed by a vehicle that Rohail Asghar was driving.
- PSL6, Match 8 – Karachi Kings to face Multan Sultans today11:00 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan shall respond with full might to defend motherland: DG ISPR10:25 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- PM Imran congratulates nation, salutes Pakistan Armed Forces on ...10:05 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- ‘Surprise Day’ – Nation celebrates Feb 27 as tribute to PAF's ...09:38 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 1,315 new cases, 33 deaths08:40 AM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Quetta Gladiators' Chris Gayle takes on Shalwar Challenge in Pakistan05:16 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga offers $500,000 for her stolen French dogs04:29 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Atif Aslam releases teaser for his upcoming song Raat02:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021