First bulk cargo ship reaches at Gwadar port: Asim Bajwa
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information General (retired) Asim Saleem Bajwa on Saturday said that first bulk cargo ship has reached the port city of Gwadar.
“The cargo ship namely MV Manet that is part of Afghan Transit Trade is carrying wheat and urea,” said Asim Bajwa who is also Chairman of the China Pakistan Economic Corridor Authority (CPECA).
In his tweet, he said with this development a dream had come true for the local economy as it would stimulate a host of business activity in the country.
The cargo containers would be transported by road to Afghanistan.
Afghanistan, a landlocked country mostly rely on Pakistani overland routes for its international trade and for this purpose the two countries signed Afghan-Pakistan Transit Trade Agreement (APTTA) in 2010 to use two seaports in Karachi for transportation of the goods to and from Afghanistan. However, the deep seaport at Gwadar offers a much shorter route for Afghan’s cargo.
A first cargo ship carrying containers for Afghan transit trade had arrived at Gwadar in January this year.
The port is a centre part of the mega project of CPEC being executed with the assistance of China to improve connectivity between the two countries in particular and with the whole region in general.
CPEC is a multi-billion project of around $60 billion which includes various projects such as the construction of road and railway infrastructure, electricity projects, airports, special economic zones, agriculture, and the projects for socio-economic development of the local communities.
- Two Pakistanis among four Muslims killed in fresh US ‘hate’ ...11:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Arshad Nadeem awarded international scholarship for Paris Olympics ...11:36 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred in North Waziristan suicide attack10:23 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani mountaineer Shehroze Kashif sets new world record09:51 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Ashura 2022 – President Alvi, PM Shehbaz pay tribute to Hazrat Imam ...09:16 AM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sana Javed delights fans with stunning pictures05:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Unstoppable at 79: Amitabh Bachchan all set to star in 'Uunchai'10:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Sonya Hussayn gears up for empowered character in new project09:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022