Asif Zardari felicitates Gen Bajwa for taking charge as COAS
The former president extended his best wishes to General Bajwa and reiterated that his party would continue supporting the armed forces in their war against terrorism in the country.
He said that the entire nation is standing shoulder-to-shoulder with its valiant forces against the burgeoning Indian aggression on the eastern front.
Earlier, General Qamar Javed Bajwa officially took charge as the 16th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) during the Change of Command ceremony at Army Hockey Stadium near General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.
During the ceremony former COAS General Raheel Sharif handed over the 'command stick' to General Qamar Bajwa.
Former army chiefs and senior military officials were present at the Change of Command ceremony.
It is also worth mentioning here that Asif Ali Zardari flew abroad in June 2015, after his controversial speech in which he had criticised the country’s military leadership without clearly mentioning the names.
PPP Punjab president Qamar Zaman Kaira on Tuesday confirmed that Asif Zardari would return Pakistan soon.
- Dr Shahid Masood strikes again – this time about ‘Pakistani ...12:17 AM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan's Hassan Mairaj declared overall best foreign national ...11:48 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Netflix to create Korean version of Money Heist09:19 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Behroze Sabzwari tests positive for COVID-1907:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi tweets about writing a book on God07:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020