Asif Zardari felicitates Gen Bajwa for taking charge as COAS
KARACHI - Former president and Pakistan People’s Party co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday made a telephonic call to Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa and felicitated him for taking charge as the 16th Chief of Army Staff.
The former president extended his best wishes to General Bajwa and reiterated that his party would continue supporting the armed forces in their war against terrorism in the country.
He said that the entire nation is standing shoulder-to-shoulder with its valiant forces against the burgeoning Indian aggression on the eastern front.
Earlier, General Qamar Javed Bajwa officially took charge as the 16th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) during the Change of Command ceremony at Army Hockey Stadium near General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi.
During the ceremony former COAS General Raheel Sharif handed over the 'command stick' to General Qamar Bajwa.
Former army chiefs and senior military officials were present at the Change of Command ceremony.
It is also worth mentioning here that Asif Ali Zardari flew abroad in June 2015, after his controversial speech in which he had criticised the country’s military leadership without clearly mentioning the names.
PPP Punjab president Qamar Zaman Kaira on Tuesday confirmed that Asif Zardari would return Pakistan soon.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020