Forced conversion bill 'against Islam, constitution': JUI
Talking to press on Monday, JUI leader Taj Muhammad Nahyoon said that by passing the 'unIslamic' law, PPP has ridiculed its own leader the late Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
He said that his party called all parties conference in Sukkur on Dec 1 and in Karachi on Dec 6. He demanded of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) to disqualify members of the Sindh Assembly, those who had voted for the bill.
Meanwhile, Maulana Samiul Haq called for the dismissal of the Sindh Assembly over the passage of a bill against forced conversions.
“The Sindh government is converting the province into ‘Kafiristan’ with such un-Islamic decisions,” Sami, who is head of Madrassa Haqqani, said in a statement and demanded imposition of governor’s rule in Sindh.
“Since the assembly has collectively banned religious conversion, it has committed treason with the Quran and Sunnah, and the Constitution. There is no justification for the assembly to stay,” the JUI-S leader said.
It is regrettable that minorities in Pakistan have the “right to preach their religion, but a sick secular mentality are interfering” in an Islamic country, the statement added.
The bill states that no person shall be deemed to have changed their religion until they attain the age of maturity, which is 18 years.
- Pakistani, Afghan players dominate International Snowboarding ...08:18 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- OGRA lifts 12-year-old ban on new CNG station licences07:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- CNG stations in Punjab, Sindh, and Islamabad reopen for short periods ...06:42 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- 'Thank you Pakistan' – Nepalese mountaineers tell the world about ...05:43 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021