Child abductions: Controversial celeb Hamza Ali Abbasi lands himself in trouble with ‘unverified’ tweet
The controversial celeb allegedly exaggerated reports on social media about allegedly widespread kidnappings of children in the province.
"I had tweeted about kidnappings of 900 children on the internet over which I have been issued the notice," he said speaking to Geo News.
According to the star, the notice was issued by the Punjab government's prosecution department.
"The Sharif family monarchy has passed the cyber crime bill to prosecute those who criticize them. They have sent me a prosecution letter saying I did not write the truth and that the Punjab police statistics show a different picture. They say I have written them without any verification.
Abbasi claims that he had quoted statistics from reports of a reputable newspaper, which
"I had given the sources of the reputable The Nation newspaper which had mentioned more than 650 children in its 7th August article."
"8th August article in the Nation i picked up figures from in which it mentioned kidnapping and selling of organs of 900 children."
“They should send a notice to the newspaper which I had quoted in my tweet"
"I think this is very unfair. They have sent me the first letter of the cyber crime bill only because I'm such a consistent critic of the government,” he said
They have asked me to apologize for the social media posts which I will not, he said.
- Pakistan initiates dialogue with Taliban for an inclusive Afghan ...03:18 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh announces public holiday on Sept 22 to mark Urs of Shah Abdul ...02:33 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021