Pakistan Navy to get eight submarines from China by 2028
The head of Pakistan’s next-generation submarine programme and senior naval officials briefed the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Defence regarding the new development.
He said Pakistan Navy had inked a contract for the provision of submarines with China according to which the friendly country will construct four submarines in China and will be supplied to Pakistan Navy in mid of 2022-23.
The deal is valued at $4 to $5 billion and China is expected to extend a long term loan to Pakistan at a low interest rate. It has not officially been confirmed what type of submarines will be supplied to the Pakistan Navy by the China Shipbuilding Trading Company (CSTC) and there has been considerable speculation on the subject in the past.
- Five dead in second deadly bombing in Jalalabad in two days11:02 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to arrest unvaccinated people in line with NCOC orders10:17 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Katrina Kaif’s new workout video goes viral04:32 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021