Increased ceasefire violations by India indicate frustration, says DG ISPR
RAWALPINDI - Director General Inter Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor said on Wednesday that increased Indian ceasefire violations (CFVs) indicate their frustration due to failure in Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K).
He said that CFVs are being and shall always be effectively responded.
"Pakistan Army shall take all measures to protect innocent civilians along the Line of Control (LOC) from Indian firing, deliberately targeting them," he added.
The comments came after Indian forces resorted to firing along the Line of Control in what officials termed was 'carpet bombing'.
A statement issued by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) on Tuesday said a man was killed and nine others, including women and children, were injured due to “unprovoked firing of mortars and artillery guns” by Indian forces along the Line of Control.
The Indian troops “deliberately targeted civilian population in Danna, Dhddnial (sic), Jura, Lipa, Sharda and Shahkot sectors,” read the statement.
“[There are] reports of three Indian soldiers dead, many injured, besides damage to Indian posts,” the statement by the military’s media wing added.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020