National Assembly passed record 187 laws in last five years: speaker
Giving his last speech in the assembly, he said this parliament has passed 57 new laws, six finance acts, five constitution amendments, three amendments (repeal) and 82 amendments were made in existing laws. He said for the first time seven acts were passed in joint sitting whereas thirty private bills became laws during the tenure of this assembly.
He thanked the opposition leader Syed Khurshid Shah, parliamentary leaders of political parties, women lawmakers, opposition and treasury benches for their cooperation in running the business of the house.
He also thanked the staff of the National Assembly for their contribution for smooth sailing in affairs of the House.
The speaker announced shields among for parliamentary leaders and appreciation certificates for all members of the House.
Historic as second consecutive elected govt set ... 10:46 AM | 31 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - For the first time in Pakistan's history, a second consecutive democratic government and elected National ...
He also appreciated media persons for giving comprehensive coverage to proceedings of the parliament and highlighting the positive image of the House. Rising on points of order, members lauded the speaker for running the business of the house in an amicable manner.
Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Shaikh Aftab has said the parliament is going to complete its five years term with the cooperation of all the lawmakers for their commitment to strengthening democracy in the country. He said the government enjoyed opposition support in getting several bills passed from the House.
Minister for Inter-Provincial Coordination Riaz Hussain Pirzada offered Sardar Ayaz Sadiq to contest next general election from his native constituency. He urged youth to highlight good things of Pakistan on social media.
Shireen Mazari said PTI has played opposition role very effectively. She said we have learnt a good experience during our tenure in the House.
The House today passed “The President’s Salary, Allowance and Privileges (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
The bill was moved by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Shaikh Aftab.
It provides further to amend the President’s Salary, Allowance and Privileges Act, 1975.
- Sikh pilgrims reach Pakistan for Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary12:02 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Cancel rallies for public's sake, PM urges PDM as second COVID-19 ...11:36 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Maryam hugs uncle as grandmother's body flown to Pakistan11:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Bakhtawar drops first picture with fiancé Mahmood post-engagement09:59 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Exclusive Pics: Bakhtawar is ENGAGED09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020