Three PAEC cancer hospitals to be upgraded at cost of Rs 2959m
A major chunk of funds worth Rs. 1485.240 million was reserved for Up-gradation of Atomic Energy Cancer Hospital-NORI (AECH-NORI) to facilitate patients of twin cities and its nearby areas for the new fiscal year (2018-19).
Moreover, Rs. 755.327 million and Rs. 718.880 million respectively have been allocated for two cancer hospitals of Gilgit Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Oncology and Radiology (GINOR) and Gujranwala Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology (GINUM), Phase-II.
Confirming the allocation, an official of PAEC shared that the budgetary allocation for the cancer hospitals is a remarkable step of the incumbent government to allocate appropriate funds for facilitating patients of the deadly disease.
"The latest equipment would be provided to the Atomic Energy Cancer Hospital (AECH) NORI including PET Scan and Cyber Knife Technology through which the cancer tissues may be killed at the spot with precision," he added.
The official highlighted that technology was being used in many advanced countries and now it would be introduced in the capital with the funds allocated in the next fiscal budget.
The technology of Cyber Knife is currently available at Jinnah Hospital Karachi but the patients of other areas suffer due to lack of access and resources.
The Gilgit Institute of Nuclear Medicine, Oncology and Radiology (GINOR) started functioning this year to facilitate people of the areas and its adjoining places and the funds reserved for the hospital are imperative for introducing the required equipment and other facilities, he elaborated.
The Gujarwala Institute of Nuclear Medicine &Radiology (GINUM), Phase-II would also accelerate the treatment pace for the patients of Central Punjab suffering from this disease.
- ‘Sajid Khan asked me to hold his genitals’, Sherlyn Chopra ...11:55 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- American who enthused Bali was queer-friendly being deported11:50 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Netflix's big 4Q lifts video service above 200M subscribers11:24 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Two Levies personnel among eight killed after speeding bus turns ...11:05 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Joe Biden to sworn in as 46th US President today amid tight security10:45 AM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan’s only The All Girl band takes the internet by storm with ...07:17 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Chinese children's performance on Sohni Dharti winning hearts in ...07:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Reema Khan receives Covid-19 vaccine in US (VIDEO)02:33 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021