Meet Ayesha, the first transgender to work for Pakistan's Ministry of Human Rights
LAHORE - This is news that will form the basis of future employments. Transgender Ayesha Moghul will be working in the Ministry of Human Rights as a resource person.
Human Rights Minister Dr Shireen Mazari shared this on her Twitter account.
“Welcome our first transgender Ayesha Moghul who is going to work in MOHR as a resource person,” she wrote.
The Minister also thanked UNDP Pakistan for its efforts in empowering the transgender community.
The transgender community has often been neglected when it comes to new opportunities. For a change, this is a great step for their prosperity.
On April 2, the additional inspector-general (IG) of police for Sukkur, Dr Jamil Ahmed, had announced that transgender folks would now be employed in the force as constables.
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020