SIALKOT (Web Desk) – The prime minister asserted on Saturday that action was being taken against criminals across the country and not in Karachi alone. “This operation is not directed towards any single political party,” replied Nawaz Sharif in
SIALKOT (Web Desk) – The prime minister asserted on Saturday that action was being taken against criminals across the country and not in Karachi alone.
“This operation is not directed towards any single political party,” replied Nawaz Sharif in response to a question after his address to the Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
He made it clear that the operation that started in June last year against criminals would be brought to a conclusion, without looking back.
“My government has been making efforts to bring peace to (violence-hit) Karachi,” the premier said, recalling no one else has paid attention to this scourge before.
Nawaz also noted that the operation Zarb-e-Azb has been very successful in eradicating terrorist sanctuaries and strongholds, and exhorted the nation to pay tribute to those who sacrificed their lives for the cause.
“Come what may the operation against terrorists will continue until elimination of the last terrorist,” he averred as he lauded the army for breaking the back of terrorists.
The premier observed that most of his government’s time was consumed in tackling terrorism and the energy crisis which leaves little time for development works.
The prime minister also came down hard on Pervez Musharraf, saying the dictators gave the nation nothing. He questioned where the seven-point success agenda plan of Musharraf was now. He went on to say that the dictators have only deceived Pakistan.
Nawaz said there was no allegation of corruption against the government, but there was still a need to ensure transparency in all the departments and every field.
Earlier, the premier vowed before a ceremony at the commerce chamber to make an expressway from Sialkot to Lahore.
He said the country’s economy was improving with each passing day. “We are cutting a deal with China for at least 4,000MW electricity. The government will be able to produce at least 10,000MW by December 2017,” he added.