PM Imran congratulates Turkey's President Erdogan for local polls victory
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan congratulated Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday, on his electoral victory in local polls.
The prime minister took to Twitter and felicitated the Turkish leader as the results for local polls started pouring in.
I am delighted to congratulate friend of Pakistan Recep Tayyip Erdogan on another important victory in the Turkish local elections. The people of Pakistan wish him many more successes.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) April 1, 2019
The people of Pakistan wish him many more successes, the PM further added.
"I would like to thank all my citizens, especially our Kurdish brothers, for showing sensitivity toward the issue of survival," he said.
Turkey 's ruling party is ahead in the race with 16 metropolitan municipalities and 24 cities claimed by its candidates, according to unofficial results, however, it lost the mayoral elections in Ankara , the capital.
For Ankara , Erdogan faced a blow at the hands of secular People’s Republican party (CHP) mayoral candidate, Mansur Yavaş as party leader Kemal Kilicdaroglu claimed his party’s victory in the mayoral elections in Izmir as well, though final results are awaited.
Turkish opposition claims first victory in Ankara ... 04:24 PM | 1 Apr, 2019
ANKARA - Turkish opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) has secured its first victory in the mayoral election in ...
Mansur Yavas obtained 50.9 percent of the vote, while AKP’s Mehmet Ozhaseki had won 47.06 percent, with 99.8 percent of the ballots counted, the Hurriyet Daily news reported.
Though the results for capital are worrying for the president, all is not over for the AKP leader as the People’s Alliance led by the party has won 51.7 percent of the nationwide vote, according to unofficial results.
On the other hand, The Nation Alliance, led by Republican People’s Party (CHP), bagged 37.6 percent nationwide.
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019