4.8 magnitude earthquake jolts parts of KP
PESHAWAR – An earthquake measuring 4.8 on the Richter scale hit parts of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa on Sunday.
Reports in local media cited that the earthquake struck Mingora city, Swat along with other adjourning areas while no casualties have so far been reported so far.
Meanwhile, the area residents, following the tremours, panicked and came out of their residences.
Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD)'s seismic monitoring centre said the depth of the earthquake was measured to be 178 kilometres, while the bordering area of Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan was identified as the epicentre of the earthquake.
Last month, earthquake tremors measuring 5.3 on the Richter's scale were felt in the Malakand Division of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Swat valley 02:05 PM | 8 Jul, 2021
PESHAWAR – Earthquake tremors measuring 5.3 on the Richter's scale were felt in Malakand Division of Khyber ...
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021