Four injured in 'ISIS attack' on TV channel office in Lahore
Eyewitnesses said the attacker threw a hand grenade towards the Din News building along Jinnah Flyover, before fleeing the scene.
The blast hit just metres from the entrance to the main building, sending a column of smoke rising above buildings.
Few vehicles parked at the building got partially damaged after the explosion and area was littered with glass as the windows of the building broke.
Police and other security agencies immediately rushed to the site. The area was sealed for a brief time and later on opened for traffic.
Rescue workers shifted the injured to the nearby hospitals who were discharged after treatment.
Police sources told Daily Pakistan that they found pamphlets belonging to ISIS - also known as Daesh - from the site.
Panic and harassment has gripped the residents of the busy locality, following the blast.
The office is located near Cavalary Ground area of Lahore Cantt.
Taking notice of the incident, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ordered the authorities to immediately arrest the attacker.
- ECP calls meeting to review PM Imran’s serious allegations12:23 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Punjab Talent Hunt 2021 set to start from next week12:08 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan greenlights Sinopharm, Sputnik-V vaccines for over-60s11:55 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Porto Montenegro’s BOKA Place – A Pioneering Urban-Inspired ...11:36 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- UBL selects PTCL for Primary Tier-3 Data Center Hosting11:02 AM | 5 Mar, 2021
- Sana Javed wins Best Actress award for Ruswai09:24 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Hania Amir slammed for preaching self love with an Instagram filter10:20 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Humaima Malick hopes to wear a hijab for the rest of her life09:54 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021