Karachi: Two military personnel shot dead on MA Jinnah Road
KARACHI (Staff Report) - Two military police personnel have been killed in an attack by two masked gunmen riding on a motorcycle in the port city of Pakistan.
“Two masked gunmen attacked a Pak Navy vehicle with small weapons and opened fire on the military police personnel near Tibet Centre in Karachi,” a police official told Daily Pakistan on Tuesday.
The attack was placed near Karachi’s Tibet Plaza on MA Jinnah Road.
Eyewitnesses said the terrorists took head-shots of the navy personnel who were sitting inside their vehicle.
The two attackers, riding motorcycles, immediately fled the scene, which is near the Preedy Police Station, said eye witnesses.
Bodies of the personnel, who were later identified as Lans Naik Rashid and Havaldar Irshad, shifted to the PNS Shifa Hospital for autopsy.
Meanwhile, police and Rangers cordoned off the crime scene and launched investigations to arrest the suspects.
Police have taken a suspicious person into custody from the site.
Senior officials of Pakistan Army, Rangers and Sindh Police also reached the crime scene.
Investigators are trying to obtain CCTV footage from the scene while at least four 9mm bullet casings were recovered from the spot.
President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have strongly condemned the attack on military personnel.
The Military Police (MP) is the law-enforcement branch of the Pakistan army and are responsible for maintaining law and order with in the army. All branches of the armed forces have their own branch of police.
MA Jinnah road is a major artery of the metropolis and is usually congested during the day.
This is a developing story. More updates to follow.
- 'Pawri or Khuwari'? Sindh Female police officers jump on #Pawri ...12:30 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Relatives of PM’s wife turn out to be bail guarantors in Hamza ...11:55 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- PSL 2021, Match 11 – Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars set for ...11:35 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-February-28- ...11:20 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 February 202111:05 AM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Indians boycott 'Spider-Man' over anti-Modi tweet11:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- 'Chaar Darkht' – Ali Gul Pir trolls India in #FantasticTeaDay video05:14 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021