Eid Milad: Mobile phone service suspended in major cities of Pakistan
KARACHI - In order to prevent any untoward situation on Eid Milad-un-Nabi, authorities on Friday suspended cellular services across the major cities of Pakistan.
The Sindh government had sent a request to officials concerned in Islamabad asking them to suspend mobile phone service in different cities of the province. The request has been accepted by the Interior Ministry.
Therefore, the service would remain suspended in Karachi, Hyderabad and Sukkur from 8am to 8pm amid other tight security measures.
Media reports say the authorities have also suspended mobile phone service in Quetta and Rawalpindi to ensure security.
Eid Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) is being observed across the country with traditional religious zeal today (Friday).
The day dawned with thirty-one gun salute in the federal capital and twenty-one gun salutes in all the provincial capitals to pay homage to the last Prophet [SAWS].
The government has announced a public holiday on Friday.
Special conferences, events, and Mehafil-e-Naat have been arranged to pay respect to the last messenger whose whole life and teachings are beacons of light for the whole mankind.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021