Sarfraz Ahmed sets world record for most wins as Pakistan T20I captain
The 31-year-old wicketkeeper-batsman, who led Pakistan team to victory in 23 T20 internationals, has the highest winning percentage (86.96%) as a captain in T20Is (minimum 20 innings).
Under Ahmed's leadership, Pakistan have made massive strides, including Champions Trophy 2017, especially in the shorter format of the game. In 2018 alone, they have won seven out of their eight matches, played against New Zealand, the Windies and Scotland.
Pakistan celebrates first Champions Trophy 2017 ... 09:38 PM | 18 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - On June 18, 2017, Pakistan made history when it clinched the Champions Trophy title for the first time ...
"When I was announced as a captain, we were at No.7," says the Pakistan captain. "We were not thinking about going to No.1 and we went up, up, up. Here we are thinking about playing good and positive cricket and to win the tri-nation series,” he said before the first T20 match against Zimbabwe on Sunday.
The tri-series is taking place from July 1 to July 8 in Zimbabwe.
- China unveils ‘world’s largest’ planetarium08:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Justice Isa shifted to hospital after health deteriorates due to ...08:41 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan to move ICC against Indian cricket board over threats to ...08:00 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan mulls vaccinating youngsters aged 12-18 against Covid-1907:58 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Lahore cop arrested for obscene act at woman during raid (VIDEO)07:22 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in as Kiara Advani turns 2902:54 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021