'PakVac' – Pakistan launches first homemade Covid vaccine
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Tuesday launched locally-produced single dose COVID-19 vaccine ‘PakVac’ amid the government's efforts to pace up the vaccination drive of the country.
Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on Health Dr Faisal Sultan speaking on the occasion said that the country will soon be able to start the production of vaccine.
Praising Chinese assistance for Pakistan in the health crisis, he said the China was a strong friend of the country.
He also appreciated the National Institute of Health (NIH) teams for successfully developing the vaccine from the raw materials, given by China.
Meanwhile, the National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) chief Asad Umar termed the day “important” one.
He said that the number of patients hospitalized during the third wave of the pandemic was higher than the first wave.
He further said that efforts are being made to strengthen the national health system.
Chinese Ambassador Nong Rong, speaking on the ocasion, said that the production of the vaccine depicts level of friendship between both countries.
He added that Pakistan is the first country that accepted the Chinese vaccine as a gift.
The vaccine has been manufactured by the Ministry of Health with the help of China’s Cansino Bio after rigorous quality control checks. The vaccine will be supplied to the federal and provincial governments by the EPI, reports cited.
‘PakVac’ – Pakistan’s first ever COVID-19 ... 10:22 PM | 25 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has locally manufactured doses of vaccine against COVID-19 with the help of China’s ...
The concentrate of the vaccine was provided by Chinese officials while the next consignment of the vaccine will be produced by Pakistani experts.
A total of 124,000 CanSino shots have been developed in the first phase, the sources at the Ministry of National Health said.
Pakistan approves Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for ... 10:44 AM | 1 Jun, 2021
ISLAMABAD – The Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan Monday approved the Pfizer–BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine ...
- Pak Suzuki increases prices of all its passenger cars11:37 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Deepika Padukone gears up for own stunts in SRK starrer 'Pathan'11:06 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Ahmed Khan shares the simple secret for Social Media Marketing Success10:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Virat Kohli breaks two records of Indian cricket, surpassing three ...09:50 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi accused of plagiarising Coke Studio’s ‘Tu Jhoom’ melody05:00 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021