PITB, Faysal Bank Ltd. sign MoU to facilitate freelancers across Pakistan
LAHORE – In a special ceremony held at Arfa Technology Park on June 01, Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB) and Faysal Bank Limited (FBL) signed an MoU to facilitate freelancers across Pakistan. The MoU was signed by PITB DG e-Governance Sajid Latif and FBL Head CIBG Ali Waqar on behalf of their respective organizations.
Senior officials from both organizations including PITB’s JD Freelancing Wing Ahmed Islam, State Bank of Pakistan’s Senior Officer Ali Atta, and Payoneer’s Country Manager Mohsin Muzaffar and Partnerships Manager Affaf Noor were also present.
According to the MoU, PITB and Faysal Bank would collaborate to support endeavors and activities of mutual interest for the facilitation of freelancers by offering them a “Digital Freelancer Account”.
In particular, FBL would provide the Digital Freelancer Account to existing and to-be PITB graduates as well as sponsor different events organized by PITB related to digital technology, youth empowerment, and freelancing ecosystem. Besides many other benefits, FBL would also give laptops to the top performer and mobile phones to the second and third top performers of each batch as an appreciation of emerging freelancers. Furthermore, FBL would market and give partner privilege to PITB owing to the organization’s large freelancers’ base across Pakistan (alumni and trainees).
PITB is committed to providing work opportunities and imparting digital skills to freelancers across Punjab through various initiatives. Over the last year, PITB has extended its support nationwide through endeavors for aspiring entrepreneurs and freelancers hailing from diverse social backgrounds. PITB’s freelancing initiatives are catering both men and women alike, training them to be economically empowered.
- Haider Ali hospitalised after viral illness10:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PM Shehbaz felicitates Chinese leadership on National Day10:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistani UN peacekeeper martyred in Central Africa09:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Iran’s key intelligence official killed in clashes with protesters09:06 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Tajikistan singer Abdu Rozik is the first contestant of Bigg Boss 1607:08 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Teaser revealed for Wasim Akram, Fawad Khan-starrer 'Money Back ...08:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022