Anushka Sharma turns 27
Starting her career in 2008, Anushka has featured in just nine movies so far, and has played assorted characters, proving that she is in the Indian film industry for a long haul.
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi took to micro-blogging website Twitter to wish Anushka. “Dear dear Anushka Sharma wish you a very happy birthday and more power to your fiesty spirit! Lots of love.”
The daughter of an army officer, Anushka would now be seen playing character of a 1960s jazz singer “Bombay Velvet” opposite actor Ranbir Kapoor and actor-filmmaker Karan Johar.
This would be the first time Anushka would be seen working with Ranbir Kapoor and Karan Johar.
Karan wished her, tweeting: “Happy birthday @AnushkaSharma !!!! Best year ever!!!!! Big love!!!!”
Directed by Anurag Kashyap, “Bombay Velvet” is a big screen adaptation of Gyan Prakash’s “Mumbai Fables” and is slated to hit the theatres on May 15.
The bubbly actress will also be seen in Zoya Akthar’s “Dil Dhadakne Do”, which also features Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Priyanka Chopra, Anil Kapoor and shefali Shah. The film is slated to hit the theatres on June 5.
- Ashura processions culminate peacefully across Pakistan11:08 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 9th Sharjah Film Festival announces 100 films from 43 countries10:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Sheikh Rasheed dodges police raid in Islamabad10:02 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- 'Neelofar' starring Fawad, and Mahira gets a release date08:54 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Eshal Fayyaz gives befitting reply to trolls for moral policing05:58 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Adeel Chaudhry spills the beans on his wedding plans05:06 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022