Masarat Alam got 50 calls from Pakistan, Indian spy agencies tell Mufti govt
Alam was arrested last week under the Public Safety Act.
Indian spy agencies suspected that most of these calls were made by Lashkar-e-Taiba leaders, including Mumbai attacks mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
“The calls were made by militants also, but they (central security agencies) had no proof whether Hafiz Saeed had made a call to Masarat,” said a senior police officer in held-J&K.
Saeed has been accused by India of masterminding the 2008 Mumbai attacks. India suspects Saeed had supported the recent strike call in Kashmir to protest the arrest of Masarat.
A separatist leader said that “nothing much should be read in the calls” as Masarat “might have got congratulatory calls” from several “well-wishers” upon his release in March this year. He had been arrested during the 2010 summer unrest in the Valley.
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022