PAF announces to remember its response against India as 'Operation Swift Retort'
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has announced to remember in history its response on February 27 this year against the enemy aggression as “Operation Swift Retort”.
Addressing the 264th Air Staff Presentation meeting in Islamabad on Wednesday, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan said PAF 's swift response during the recent Indo-Pak conflict, was the demonstration of our firm resolve, capacity and capability in thwarting nefarious designs of the adversary.
“We bow our heads in complete humility and thank Almighty Allah for providing us an opportunity to come up to the expectations of our nation in giving a befitting reply to the enemy’s misadventure during the recent Indo-Pak conflict,” the air chief remarked.
“PAF’s swift response was the demonstration of our firm resolve, capacity and capability in thwarting the nefarious designs of the adversary,” he added.
Who shot down India’s Mi-17 chopper on Feb ... 06:23 PM | 17 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan on Wednesday confirmed to ...
Lauding the selfless commitment of PAF personnel, Mujahid Anwar said every rank and file of PAF deserved a special appreciation for proving equal to the task, adding, “I salute each one of you for showing strong commitment, perseverance and motivation being deployed at forward operating bases during these testing times.”
He reiterated his resolve that in case of any misadventure by the adversary, PAF response will be even stronger than before.
The same day, India confirmed the loss of one plane (MiG-21 Bison) and said it shot down a Pakistani jet (F-16) as it responded to the incident. However, the Indian claim was later debunked by US officials who said that they have counted the number of Pakistan Air Force F-16s in service and can say that none were lost to the Indian Air Force on Feb 27 this year.
The confrontation came a day after India said it launched airstrikes in Pakistan territory in the first such incursion by Indian air force planes since the India-Pakistan war of 1971.
For the first time, Pakistan names second hero ... 08:13 PM | 6 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has revealed the names of its pilots who shot down two Indian warplanes last week, in a fierce ...
At the conclusion of the Wednesday’s event, the PAF chief awarded trophies to the bases excelling in various domains.
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Balochistan doctors allowed to carry out private practice in ...05:23 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- LNG for Pakistan: Islamabad to host int'l conference on 31st05:01 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019