PAF announces to remember its response against India as 'Operation Swift Retort'
Addressing the 264th Air Staff Presentation meeting in Islamabad on Wednesday, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan said PAF's swift response during the recent Indo-Pak conflict, was the demonstration of our firm resolve, capacity and capability in thwarting nefarious designs of the adversary.
“We bow our heads in complete humility and thank Almighty Allah for providing us an opportunity to come up to the expectations of our nation in giving a befitting reply to the enemy’s misadventure during the recent Indo-Pak conflict,” the air chief remarked.
“PAF’s swift response was the demonstration of our firm resolve, capacity and capability in thwarting the nefarious designs of the adversary,” he added.
Who shot down India’s Mi-17 chopper on Feb ... 06:23 PM | 17 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan on Wednesday confirmed to ...
Lauding the selfless commitment of PAF personnel, Mujahid Anwar said every rank and file of PAF deserved a special appreciation for proving equal to the task, adding, “I salute each one of you for showing strong commitment, perseverance and motivation being deployed at forward operating bases during these testing times.”
He reiterated his resolve that in case of any misadventure by the adversary, PAF response will be even stronger than before.
The same day, India confirmed the loss of one plane (MiG-21 Bison) and said it shot down a Pakistani jet (F-16) as it responded to the incident. However, the Indian claim was later debunked by US officials who said that they have counted the number of Pakistan Air Force F-16s in service and can say that none were lost to the Indian Air Force on Feb 27 this year.
The confrontation came a day after India said it launched airstrikes in Pakistan territory in the first such incursion by Indian air force planes since the India-Pakistan war of 1971.
For the first time, Pakistan names second hero ... 08:13 PM | 6 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has revealed the names of its pilots who shot down two Indian warplanes last week, in a fierce ...
At the conclusion of the Wednesday’s event, the PAF chief awarded trophies to the bases excelling in various domains.
- Naftali Bennett brings Netanyahu's 12-year rule to an end, takes over ...01:29 AM | 14 Jun, 2021
- ISPR releases first episode of military reality show ‘60 Hours to ...11:43 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Congress leader's pro-Kashmir remarks draw criticism from BJP09:06 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021