India help Pakistan grab top spot in ICC T20I rankings
Pakistan overtook New Zealand in the shortest format with 124 points on Wednesday, following a 3-0 win in their series against Sri Lanka, which culminated in Lahore on Sunday, according to MRF Tyres ICC T20I rankings.
Owing to their loss in the opening T20I against Virat Kohli's troops, New Zealand have lost as many as four rating points to slip to 121. Having amassed 124 rating points on the back of their recent consistency, Sarfraz Ahmed's team put themselves in a position to overtake the Kiwis to reach the top of the table.
Meanwhile, India have gained two rating points and are now breathing down the back of fourth-ranked England.
Pakistan’s Shoaib Malik also moved up three places to 26th in the batsmen rankings.
South Africa spinner Aaron Phangiso (up 19 places to 47th) has also made significant gains while Pakistan bowlers Shadab Khan (up 21 places to 40th), Mohammad Amir (up 21 places to 49th) and Hasan Ali (up 10 places to 63rd) have also climbed up.
After conquering West Indies 3-1 in the Caribbean earlier this year, Pakistan defeated a team representing World XI in the euphoric series on home soil. However, the 2-1 triumph against the Faf du Plessis-led side did not give them any points on the table. The 3-0 clean sweep of Sri Lanka in the split series in UAE and Lahore paved the way for Sarfraz's team to march towards the number one spot.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020