Uncles found guilty of raping 10-year-old girl in India
The victim, who gave birth to a child in August, had accused two of her mother’s cousins of raping her over five months. The court will announce the sentence in the case on November 2, Hindustantimes news reported.
Her parents found that their daughter was pregnant after they took her to doctor following her complain of stomach pain in July. The doctor informed them the girl was 30 weeks pregnant.
Later, the girl moved the court with a plea seeking abortion after a team of doctors refused to terminate the pregnancy saying it will not be in interest of the girl or the foetus. However the court turned down the request and the same was upheld by the apex court.
According to Indian laws, a woman cannot be allowed to undergo abortion after 20-week pregnancy due to a factor of risk to the life of the mother.
The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, lodged a complaint with police, which arrested her uncle, who is in his 40s. However, the case weakened after the DNA sample of the newborn did not match with arrested accused.
Later, the police held another accused, younger brother of her uncle, and suspected him as prime accused. The girl had not earlier revealed his second uncle’s name due to fear.
According to the police, the ten-year-old was first raped by the second uncle in 2016, while his elder brother assaulted her several times from April till July.
Both the accused have confessed to the crime, police said.
In May, a court had permitted another 10-year-old girl allegedly raped by her stepfather to terminate her 20-week pregnancy.
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration08:10 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021