Saba Hameed records statement in Ali Zafar- Meesha Shafi controversy
LAHORE - Pakistani TV legend, Saba Hameed has recorded her statement in the court, earlier this week. She said that her daughter, Meesha informed her about the harassment incidents two weeks ago before exposing Ali Zafar, but she did not urge Meesha to go public.
The Additional Session court’s Judge Amjad Ali Shah was hearing the Rs1 billion defamation case against Meesha Shafi filed by actor-singer Ali Zafar for accusing him of sexual harassment.
“I didn’t advise her to go public with the accusations. I told her to take that decision for herself. I informed her about the positive and the negative effects of going public with the harassment accusations,” the veteran actor said in her statement .
“I did not urge her ongoing public but apprised her about the positive and negative consequences of going public with the accusations”, she added.
She was asked if Meesha was envious of Ali Zafar ? Saba responded to the court saying that it was not possible. “After getting harassed three times, Meesha had made up her mind that she would not go to a place again where Zafar was”.
When asked why Meesha didn’t inform her immediately after being harassed. The actor said, “I think it was because she was embarrassed,” she said. “Usually, women in Pakistan don’t talk about getting harassed.”
Later, the court postponed the proceedings till November 2 and called for further witnesses to record the testimony at the next hearing.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019