Saba Hameed records statement in Ali Zafar- Meesha Shafi controversy
LAHORE - Pakistani TV legend, Saba Hameed has recorded her statement in the court, earlier this week. She said that her daughter, Meesha informed her about the harassment incidents two weeks ago before exposing Ali Zafar, but she did not urge Meesha to go public.
The Additional Session court’s Judge Amjad Ali Shah was hearing the Rs1 billion defamation case against Meesha Shafi filed by actor-singer Ali Zafar for accusing him of sexual harassment.
“I didn’t advise her to go public with the accusations. I told her to take that decision for herself. I informed her about the positive and the negative effects of going public with the harassment accusations,” the veteran actor said in her statement.
“I did not urge her ongoing public but apprised her about the positive and negative consequences of going public with the accusations”, she added.
She was asked if Meesha was envious of Ali Zafar? Saba responded to the court saying that it was not possible. “After getting harassed three times, Meesha had made up her mind that she would not go to a place again where Zafar was”.
When asked why Meesha didn’t inform her immediately after being harassed. The actor said, “I think it was because she was embarrassed,” she said. “Usually, women in Pakistan don’t talk about getting harassed.”
Later, the court postponed the proceedings till November 2 and called for further witnesses to record the testimony at the next hearing.
Stay tuned to Daily Pakistan Global for more news and updates.
- NAB arrests son of PPP's Makhdoom Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- OPPO set to launch OPPO F17 Pro on October 1205:43 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Imran Khan’s ‘selectors’ will have to give answer, says Nawaz ...05:38 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan once again demands India be held accountable for crimes ...05:25 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Indian army confirms three soldiers killed by Pakistan at LoC05:15 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Chrissy Teigen announces pregnancy loss in heartbreaking Instagram ...01:07 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020