Azadi March: PM Imran given 48 hours to resign
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman addressing the charged participants of the so-called Azadi March on Friday said that all nation is on one page to send the incompetent government of PTI to home.
Calling the 2018 General Election as rigged, Fazl said: "We don't accept the government formed on the basis of these elections".
Leaders of major opposition parties including Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Awami National Party (ANP) were present on the container along with the JUI-F chief in Islamabad.
Thousands of protesters led by the JUI-F converged on the federal capital on Thursday, seeking to send packing Prime Minister Imran Khan-led govt for failing to run the country properly since winning the elections in 2018.
"This nation wants freedom," he said, adding that inflation has risen to a level that common people are being forced to commit suicides. He lambasted the government for failing to uplift the economy of Pakistan.
The economy of Pakistan has collapsed under the incumbent government of "selected" Prime Minister Imran Khan, the religiopolitical party head expressed sizzling words amid light rain in the federal capital.
Hitting out at the government's repeated mantra of fighting corruption, the head of the JUI-F referring to a report prepared by the World Economic Forum said that corruption increased by two to three percent in the past year.
"We want to see the institutions of Pakistan powerful but expect them to be impartial," he said, adding, "We do not want to collision with them".
He said that the incumbent government has left the people of occupied Kashmir alone.
Fazl, who had faced defeat during the general election in his stronghold constituency, has given the prime minister a deadline of two days to resign from the seat. "We cannot show patience more than this," he said.
The next move will be decided by the public if the "fraud" premier does not step down, he said.
He warned, "The sea of people has the capacity to arrest the prime minister from inside the PM House."
The JUI-F ameer said that the PTI government cannot bar him from demanding the implementation of Islamic constitutional provisions.
"Pakistan and the religion of Islam cannot be separated," Rehman told the protesters.
He also urged the participants not to leave Islamabad until the demands are met, turning the rally into a sit-in.
Shehbaz Vows To Revive Economy in Six Months
Earlier, President Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Shehbaz Sharif addressing the gathering claimed to strengthen the national economy within six months if they [opposition parties] were given an opportunity to serve the masses in future.
Shehbaz claims to strengthen national economy in ... 05:32 PM | 1 Nov, 2019
ISLAMABAD - President Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Shehbaz Sharif Friday claimed to strengthen the national ...
He criticized the government’s economic, health, education, and housing policies, underlining the need for immediate measures for benefit of the common man.
Bilawal Stands with Maulana Fazlur Rehman Against Govt
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also addressed the protesters and assured his full support to the JUI-F against the government.
He said that Pakistan’s people only believe in democracy but expressed concerns about the rigging in elections.
Calling the prime minister incompetent, the PPP chief said that it was the time to send the 'fake government' packing.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019