Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves rise to $20.07b
Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Thursday evening, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar said with this the government has fulfilled its commitment to take foreign exchange reserves to 20 billion dollars.
He said out of 20.07 billion dollars, 15.24 billion are with the State Bank of Pakistan and the rest 4.83 billion dollars with commercial banks.
The Minister said the government received different transactions worth 1.6 billion dollars since yesterday, which pushed up the reserves. These included 500 million dollars each of Euro Bond and IMF tranche; 375 billion dollars of Coalition Support Fund and another transaction of 265 billion dollars.
Ishaq Dar said the so much rise in foreign exchange reserves was unthinkable in February last year when reserves with the State Bank were just 2.75 billion dollars.
- Ranjan Madugalle to referee in PSL 2022 as PCB confirms match ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- IHC reinstates Dr Tariq Banuri as HEC chairman07:06 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Mohammad Hasnain to undergo bowling test after action questioned by ...06:26 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Over dozen killed as Saudi-led coalition targets Houthis in Yemen ...06:07 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- PTI believes in free, fair and transparent LB in AJK: Tanveer Ilyas05:52 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Ushna Shah leaves fans stunned with latest video05:15 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021