Court withdraws Rabi Pirzada's arrest warrants
LAHORE - A local court on Monday (yesterday) cancelled bailable arrest warrants of singer Rabi Pirzada in a case filed by the Wildlife Department against her for keeping crocodile and python.
Earlier, the singer appeared before Judicial Magistrate Haris Siddiqui and stated that she could not appear in connection with the case on last hearing due to personal engagements. She assured the court that she would appear on the next date of hearing, October 11, besides submitting Rs 50,000 surety bonds.
Not scared of anyone https://t.co/eQZvTMucn1— Rabi Pirzada (@Rabipirzada) September 30, 2019
At this, the court cancelled bailable arrest warrants of Rabi Pirzada , which were issued on last hearing after she failed to appear in the court despite being summoned.
A court cancelled the arrest warrants it had issued for singer @Rabipirzada, a few days after it had issued the same in the exotic animals case.— National Courier (@thenatcour) September 30, 2019
The department had pleaded in the complaint that the singer committed a violation of wildlife laws by keeping dangerous reptiles at home. It said the singer admitted in a social media video that she had been keeping the reptiles for the last five years. It asked the court to summon the singer and order legal action against her.
Rabi Pirzada may face jail time for posing with ... 12:09 PM | 17 Sep, 2019
The Punjab Wildlife Protection and Parks Department has submitted a challan in court against singer Rabi Pirzada for ...
Stay tuned for more news and updates to Daily Pakistan Global.
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PTM's Mohsin Dawar among 15 arrested in Islamabad06:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019