NAB approves four corruption inquiries against various individuals, entities
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has approved four corruption inquiries against various individuals and entities.
The Executive Board meeting of the anti-corruption watchdog was held in Islamabad on Tuesday with Justice (r) Javed Iqbal in the chair.
Those who will be inquired include owners of Exide Batteries, officials of WAPDA Water Wing and Irrigation Department Rajanpur among others.
The meeting disposed of cases against Sultan Ali Lakhani, Messrs. Shan Group and others after the settlement of their issues with the banks.
The apex board of the anti-graft body also approved various investigations for further legal action.
Addressing the meeting, the anti-graft body's chief said NAB is committed on the policy of 'Accountability for All'.
He said taking the cases of mega corruption to their logical conclusion is main priority of the anti-corruption body.
Javed Iqbal said NAB has retrieved seventy one billion rupees in last twenty two months and submitted in the national exchequer, which is a record achievement.
- Pakistan expresses grave concerns over Afghan president's tweets09:09 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019