Torkham border to start night operations from Monday
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has directed that a comprehensive report in this regard be presented to him adding that the border will be opened formally by Prime Minister Imran Khan soon.
Chairing a review meeting of the arrangements for round the clock operation of the border, the CM has directed to finalize all arrangements.
The KPK Chief Minister also directed all concerned departments to undertake maximum efforts to ensure its success.
The CM was informed that all arrangements have been finalised including posting of relevant officials whereas currently work is being carried out at the border in two shifts which will be extended to three shifts from Monday next week.
The chief minister ordered that proper lighting should be arranged to ensure night-time operations at the border, asserting that the opening of services at the border 24/7 will be ensured at every cost.
Khan said that surprise night-time visits would be held any time after Monday next week to inspect the arrangements first hand; the meeting was also attended by Minister Information Shaukat Yousafzai, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Shahab Ali Shah, Khyber Deputy Commissioner, officials of Customs and NLC department and others.
Shah Mehmood Qureshi had expressed that the opening of the Torkham border would reduce the time for the mobility of goods.
The Torkham border is closed sporadically after incidents of cross-border terrorism which affects trade. As of now, the border is not operational at night time.
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021