Pakistan devising strict safety guidelines to reopen schools
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Education Shafqat Mahmood Monday said that the authorities have been devising strict guidelines for reopening of schools and universities as soon as possible.
The minister said that the final decision regarding the resumption of academic sessions will be taken in a session scheduled on September 7.
He said that the government was aware of the academic loss of the students, but health of children was their top priority.
The minister added that the government will take strict action against those schools found violating the government’s order for a 20 percent discount in tuition fees.
The educators lost their jobs will be restored after the reopening of schools, he said.
Shafqat Mahmood said that the decision for promoting students had been taken in view of halting exams due to coronavirus.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020