Pakistan formally invites Azerbaijan to join CPEC
Pakistan gives immense importance to its trade and economic relations with the central Asian states, said a statement issued late on Monday.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif had laid emphasis on converting the fraternal relations between the country and central Asian republics (CARs) into strong economic partnerships. He had directed the Ministry Of Commerce to establish joint working groups on trade, investment and communications with Tajikistan and Azerbaijan for effective engagement on trade and economic issues.
The inaugural meeting of Pakistan-Tajikistan joint working group on trade, investment and transport was held on 24-25 July 2017 in Dushanbe.
First Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade Saidrahmon Nazrizoda headed the Tajik delegation of the joint working group, while Secretary Younus Dagha of ministry of commerce led the Pakistani delegation.
The two sides agreed to initiate the process of customs cooperation between the two countries and to intensify engagement towards increasing bilateral trade. They agreed to make efforts to deepen and further expand trade and economic relations by harmonisation of standards, visa facilitation to business men and promotion of joint ventures in textile, food processing and pharmaceutical sectors.
Secretary Dagha also held meetings with minister of economic development and trade, chairman of the state committee on investment, minister of transport and chairman of Tajikistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry during the visit.
Matters relating to Afghanistan-Pakistan-Tajikistan transit trade agreement, regional connectivity and quadrilateral agreement on traffic in transit also came under the discussion.
The inaugural meeting of Pakistan-Azerbaijan joint working group on trade was held on 27-28 July 2017 in Baku. Deputy Minister of Economy Sahil Babayev led the Azeri delegation, while Dagha led the Pakistani side.
The meeting participants discussed the issues related to preferential tariffs and customs and trade cooperation between the two countries and agreed to explore avenues to boost bilateral trade.
A memorandum of understanding between Trade Development Authority of Pakistan and the Azerbaijan Export and Investment Promotion Foundation was also signed during the visit to enhance trade and economic cooperation and to facilitate businessmen of both the countries.
Pakistan to sell 10 Super Mushshak aircraft to ... 04:38 PM | 2 Aug, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan will sell ten Super Mushshak aircraft to Azerbaijan, Radio Pakistan reported on Wednesday. ...
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra Chairman Air Marshal Arshad Malik represented Pakistan while Azerbaijan was represented by Air Force Commander Lieutenant General Ramiz Tahirov at the agreement signing ceremony in Baku.
The contract also includes operational training and technical support and assistance to Azerbaijan Air Force.
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:52 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:29 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022