3 channels of ARY Network removed from Sky platform
While the three channels have been removed from the respective slots, they are still broadcasting off the EPG (manual tuning). It is also being reported that ARY Digital and ARY News have disappeared from the Virgin Media line-up but this is not confirmed.
The popular Pakistani television network had come under fire after losing a case against rival, Geo Network’s owner, Jang Group. The issues were settled last month when Jang Group’s Chief Executive and Editor in Chief, Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman was given £185,000 in libel damages from ARY Network.
The reason why the three channels have been taken off is still unknown. Media regulator, Ofcom has been looking into the network’s licences over the past few weeks but it is yet to publish any findings from the investigation.
- 19 die as passenger bus plunges into ravine in Balochistan's Shirani ...12:43 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Military leadership authorised to hold talks with TTP, says Rana Sana11:20 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Nida Yasir teases fans with beach video10:47 AM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars react to recent hike in petrol prices11:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan's sports superstar Shoaib Akhtar leaves for Hajj06:15 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Noor Zafar Khan reveals her latest celebrity crush07:37 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022