Action launched against Careem, other cab services in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD - After Lahore and Karachi, authorities in Islamabad also started taking action against companies providing transportation services.
According to a news channel, action against the companies, including Careem and City Cab has been launched following the orders of deputy commission of Islamabad. The authorities impounded several vehicles in capital city restricting them from providing taxi service to people.
Transport secretary stated that vehicle have been impounded while crackdown against unregistered companies is underway.
Talking to the media, he said that the government did not issue any notification as it was an internal memo between the offices that has been prematurely made public.
He said that the approach was being reviewed within the government, adding, “We are coming up with a formal policy.”
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019