FO rejects India's 'unwarranted assertions' regarding minority rights in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has categorically rejected completely unwarranted assertions by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs in connection with the Hindu temple incident in Karak.
In a statement Saturday, Foreign Office Spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhri said this is not the first time the Indian government has tried to feign concern for minority rights elsewhere while being the most egregious and persistent violator of minority rights itself.
"The RSS-BJP regime's record is replete with instances of gross and systemic violations of the rights of minorities, in particular Muslims," the spokesman added.
Pakistan arrests over two dozen suspects over ... 06:04 PM | 31 Dec, 2020
PESHAWAR – Police in northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province have arrested more than two dozen suspects in overnight ...
As a perennial purveyor of state-sponsored discrimination against its minorities, he continued, India is in no position to pontificate on the issue of minority rights elsewhere.
Chaudhri said the clear difference between India and Pakistan in respect of minority rights can be gauged from the fact that the accused in the Karak incident were immediately arrested and orders were issued for repair of the temple.
Moreover, the highest level of judiciary took immediate notice and senior political leadership condemned the incident.
Pakistan to reconstruct vandalised Karak Hindu ... 04:29 PM | 1 Jan, 2021
PESHAWAR – Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan on Friday announced that the government will ...
Whereas, in India, the blatant acts of discrimination against Muslims and other minorities take place with state complicity.
Given these incontrovertible facts, the Spokesperson said the Indian Government would be well advised to set its own house in order rather than feigning concern for minority rights elsewhere.
Pakistan condemns extra-judicial killing of ... 05:46 PM | 31 Dec, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has strongly condemned extra-judicial killing of three more innocent Kashmiris in yet ...
- 20 more matches decided in 2nd Tennis Lovers Punjab Open Tennis ...08:15 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Jazz secures Telecom sector’s largest credit facility, fully ...07:58 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- President Alvi for transparency in recruitment process of FPSC07:24 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Tarin chairs meeting of Cabinet Committee on Privatization07:05 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- ‘I don’t have a big belly,’ Abdul Qavi responds to his viral ...04:30 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- The Undertaker challenges Akshay Kumar to a 'real match'04:06 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah addresses the backlash over her criticism directed at ...03:42 PM | 23 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021