UK Heatwave: July 1 hottest day in 160 years
Urgent health warnings were issued and paramedics dealt with a surge in calls amid fears the hot weather could result in deaths.
The UK Met Office said temperatures hit record high in Heathrow on July 1 - breaking the previous record of 36.5C (98F) set on July 19 2006 in Wisley, Surrey.
The Met Office recorded a temperature of 36.7C (98F) in Heathrow, making Britain hotter than Barcelona, Ibiza and Athens.
- Virus-positive lawyer in Supreme Court to 'set precedent'06:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 second wave — University of Health Sciences Lahore ...05:50 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Now Pakistani students demand delay in MDCAT 202005:24 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Here's all about Grammys Award 2021 Nominations - Watch live stream12:00 AM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Urwa-Farhan 'separation' shocks social media09:57 PM | 24 Nov, 2020