Pakistan hikes tax on business class air tickets
ISLAMABAD – The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has increased the tax amount on business class air tickets, with effect from July 1.
The tax amount has been hiked from Rs10,000 to Rs50,000 and it will be applicable regardless of the issuance of tickets.
“All business class passengers whose tickets are already issued for travel on July 1 or later are hereby informed that this difference may be collected at the airport by airline staff,” read the notification.
Meanwhile, the revised tax for business class air tickets will not affect the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA).
A spokesperson of the national carrier said that the latest development will not have any impact on PIA as it does not offer business class facilities in its planes.
PIA restarts Lahore to Kuala Lumpur flights 05:59 PM | 26 Jun, 2022
LAHORE – Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) has resumed Lahore-Kuala Lumpur flight operation as a result of ...
- After other auto giants, Honda lowers car prices by up to half ...05:58 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Islamabad court accepts extension in Shahbaz Gill's physical remand ...05:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Celebrities pay tribute to Qavi Khan on getting Nishan-e-Imtiaz award03:53 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022