Pakistan lodges strong protest with India over blocking Twitter accounts
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has registered a strong protest with New Delhi over its recent blocking of Twitter accounts of Pakistan's diplomatic missions and the national broadcaster Radio Pakistan, in India.
The Indian Charge d’ Affaires in Islamabad was called to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a strong demarche was made on the Indian government’s blocking of access to content of 80 accounts on Twitter.
India has blocked twitter accounts of Pakistan’s diplomatic Missions in Iran, Turkey, Egypt, UN-New York and the national broadcaster Radio Pakistan.
The Charge d’ Affaires was conveyed that these actions are against the international standards, obligations, norms, and framework of flow of information and reflect the alarming pace of shrinking space for pluralistic voices and curbing of fundamental freedoms in India.
The Indian government was urged to immediately reverse its actions of blocking of Pakistan’s diplomatic Missions’ and Radio Pakistan's Twitter accounts in India.
India blocks Radio Pakistan’s Twitter account ... 08:50 AM | 29 Jun, 2022
ISLAMABAD – India has blocked the Twitter account of Radio Pakistan for highlighting the human rights abuses in ...
- Israel and Turkey to restore full diplomatic ties in surprise thaw10:46 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Remains of Indian soldier found on 'world's highest battlefield' ...10:21 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- US woman charged with murder for ‘kiss of death’ to prisoner09:29 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022