India blocks Radio Pakistan’s Twitter account over highlighting rights violations in occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – India has blocked the Twitter account of Radio Pakistan for highlighting the human rights abuses in the illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, denying access to information and restricting democratic freedom of expression.
Radio Pakistan’s spokespersons Chaudhry Zameer Ashraf has expressed concerns over the Indian move, adding that the state broadcaster always upholds objectivity in its news stories, strictly abiding by international journalistic norms.
He urged Twitter to immediately restore access to Radio Pakistan twitter account in India to ensure freedom of speech and access to information.
Earlier, Foreign Office Spokesperson Asim Iftikhar expressed serious concern over India’s blocking of official accounts of Pakistan embassies in the United Nations, Turkey, Iran, Egypt and others.
In a statement, he said diminishing space for plurality of voices and access to information in India is extremely alarming.
He said social media platforms must abide by applicable international norms.
Pakistan blames India for blocking Twitter access ... 09:47 AM | 28 Jun, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan has expressed concerns over an Indian move to restrict the access of its missions abroad to ...
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022