SMS service launched to prevent private hajj scheme fraud
According to official sources, a prospective pilgrim wishing to perform hajj through a private Hajj Group Organiser (HGO) should send the HGO's enrollment number from his mobile phone to 8331.
He will instantly receive a message, according to officials, with details about the enrollment status of the HGO, the name of its chief executive, its allotted quota and office address.
The SMS service will help pilgrims from being defrauded or swindled, in addition to forewarning them about fictitious companies.
However, ministry officials said they would not be responsible for any fraud with an intending pilgrim, who inked an agreement with an HOG or travel agent without checking its enrollment status or allotted Hajj quota.
- Balochistan schools to remain closed till March 1, 202112:03 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PAKVSNZ: Six Pakistani cricket players test coronavirus positive11:41 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tests positive for coronavirus10:01 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 26 November 202009:34 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:27 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020