Adnan Sami’s passion for acquiring Indian citizenship
Adnan’s first request was declined some two years back. This time, the singer/actor has forwarded his application to the foreigner’s division of India’s home ministry and the officials have said that they are considering his application.
The Indian law ministry was asked by the home ministry, last month, about granting Indian citizenship to Sami. The former refused however by saying that the authority lied with the home-ministry. However, the law ministry offered to facilitate the home-ministry with any interpretation of the law so that Sami’s case could be resolved.
A foreigner is eligible to receive citizenship under the Indian Citizenship Act, provided he has delivered eminent service to the cause of science/technology, philosophy, art, literature, world peace or human progress.
Adnan Sami is a versatile artist, with creative talents as a singer, musician, pianist, actor and composer.
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021