'Illegal recruitment allegations': CJ Anwar Kasi asks judicial council to conduct open court hearing
The chief justice has submitted an application with the council in this regard, while it has not been accepted so far.
Sources told Saeed Chaudhry, an editor reporting Daily Pakistan, that the council has issued notices to five judges of high courts, including three judges of LHC and two judges of IHC following the charges of violation of the code of conduct.
They added that the council offered the judges that disciplinary action will be halted against them and all concession including pension will be given if they voluntarily tender resignation.
After the offer, Justice Mazhar Iqbal, who was involved in harassing the police staff on not providing him protocol for renewal of the driving license, has resigned from the post. In 2015, Iqbal also entangled with the registrar of LHC on the inquiry of the case and his staff mistreated the registrar.
The secretary and driver of Iqbal were suspended on it and later Secretary Yaseen Toor resigned from the post. Iqbal was appointed LHC judged on February 19, 2010.
One of the two remaining judges of LHC is accused of having an offshore company, while the former chief justice of Supreme Court Zaheer Anwar Jamali had given observation for other in a verdict.
- Pakistan mulls legal action against England, NZ cricket teams: Info ...01:36 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- State Bank of Pakistan grants EMI License to Finja12:26 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography case ...12:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Karachi listed among least safe major cities in the EIU 2021 report11:34 AM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021