ATC issues arrest warrants of 17 involved in PTV, Parliament attack
Syed Kausar Abbas held hearing of Pakistan Television (PTV) attack case. As many as 86 workers belonging to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) appeared before the court.
The court expressed resentment over the remaining workers’ absence and issued arrest warrants. The 86 workers were released on bail earlier. This is not the first hearing when the counsel failed to appear for hearing. Challan in the case has also not been filed yet.
At least 103 persons have been nominated in the case. The accused were arrested damaging state property during PTI-led sit-in protest in federal capital’s D-Chowk. The case cites anti-terrorism sections along with others.
The court adjourned the hearing until December 1.
A violent mob had attacked the buildings of parliament and PTV in a clash with the police in August. PTI chairman Imran Khan had led the longest sit-in protest in history of the country against alleged rigging in General Elections 2013. Thousands of people gathered every evening to record protest against the incumbent party.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- HRW says India's ruling BJP targeting Modi govt critics12:22 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021