Gilgit Baltistan Independence Day celebrated with zeal
GILGIT - The 71st Independence Day of Gilgit-Baltistan was celebrated on Thursday across the region with traditional zeal and fervour.
Different events were held in various parts of the region to mark the day. The government had announced official holiday in the region on the occasion.
Rallies were taken out and functions were organised by various political parties, educational institutions and civil society organisations in 10 districts of Gilgit-Baltistan on the occasion.
National flags, banners and pictures of the heroes of independence war were displayed on buildings and roads to pay homage to them.
The flag hosting ceremony was held at Yadgar-i-Shuhada in Chinarbagh Gilgit. Governor Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon, Chief minister Hafeezur Rehman, Commander FC NA Maj Gen Ehsan Mehmood Khan along with war veterans and civil and military officials attended the ceremony.
The officials laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-i-Shuhada and offered Fateha for the martyrs. A contingent of police presented guard of honour on the occasion.
The people of Gilgit Baltistan had won liberation from Dogra rule in 1947 with help of Gilgit Scouts.
Speaking on the occasion, Governor Raja Jalal Hussain Maqpoon said that they should start self-accountability and play their role for a strong Pakistan. He demanded of the international community to play to stop Indian atrocities in Kashmir.
Pakistan, China launch first CPEC passenger bus ... 07:24 PM | 29 Oct, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The first China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Passenger Bus Service will start operations from November ...
Chief Minister Hafeezur Rehman said that owing to violation of United Nations resolution by India, the constitutional status of the region was still unsettled. He said that people of the region enjoyed complete independence.
Speaking on the occasion, Maj Gen Ehsan Mehmood Khan said that Gilgit-Baltistan was a part of Pakistan and would remain its part. He said that internal and external enemies were hatching conspiracies against Pakistan. He said that such conspiracies would be foiled.
- Masoumeh Ebtekar: Iran's vice president infected by coronavirus11:54 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Hadi Khosrowshahi: Iran's ex-ambassador to Vatican dies of coronavirus11:47 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pakistan's Aviation division establishes emergency ...11:36 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan, Qatar agree to further enhance economic cooperation11:19 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Pink Floyd: PM Imran tweets Roger Waters’ video criticising ...11:10 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- TikTok is cancer, says Feroze Khan03:05 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Celebrities speak out against the brutal treatment of Muslims in Delhi02:41 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- ‘Ehd-e-Wafa’ makers planning to air finale in cinemas02:15 PM | 27 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019