Pakistan-China bus service launch postponed
A private Pakistani transport company, North-South Transport Network (Pvt) Limited, set to launch the service but the officials of the firm has decided to inaugurate it on November 5.
Country-wide protests are being held by a religious party, Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) since the Supreme Court of Pakistan acquitted Asia Bibi, a Christian woman facing death sentence over blasphemy.
The bus service will run four days a week from Lahore to Tashkurgan. It will be a 30-hour long trip and passengers will get to enjoy the view of beautiful sights of the northern side of Pakistan. Cameras have been placed inside the buses to ensure the passengers’ security.
Fares of CPEC Passenger Bus Service
One-way ticket from Lahore to Taskurgan costs Rs13000 per seat
One-way ticket from Tashkurgan to Lahore costs RMB 600 (equivalent to Rs11,475 under current exchange rate)
Return ticket is Rs23,000.
Travel documents required
Original Invitation from China
China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is a flagship project of President Xi’s One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative involving a massive investment of over $60 billion in infrastructure projects in Pakistan.
Originally valued at $46 billion, the value of CPEC projects was worth $62 billion as of 2017.
The CPEC is intended to rapidly modernize Pakistani infrastructure and strengthen its economy by the construction of modern transportation networks, numerous energy projects, and special economic zones.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020